APRIL 2016: EMERGENCIES VS. URGENCIES SEMINAR
As part of our Equine Learning Series, local vet Dr. Amber Johnson - of Artaurus Veterinary Clinic - taught this fascinating and highly informative seminar. In it our attendees learned to:
1. Know when to call their vet.
2. How to take their horses vital signs.
3. How to communicate with the vet over the phone to give an accurate assessment of the situation.
4. How to help the horse while you wait for the vet.
5. Identify signs of colic.
6. Manage bleeding wounds and lameness until the vet arrives.
7. How to assess "just how bad is it".
Every horse owner or possible future horse owner should come and be informed.
This seminar is $25 per person. To find out when the next session will take place please sign up for our Equine Learning Series newsletter: